Friday 11 May 2012

INCOME INEQUALITY BETWEEN RACES

Disputes regarding equal pay for equal work are becoming more frequent. I spent the day through different police offices and I discovered many things about the causes and effects of gender discrimination between men and women in the field of police work environment. During my investigation, there is something that made me upset; employees have received their salary according to the colour of skin. It’s an unfair discrimination. Everybody must be treated equally. I never see it before. Managers didn’t take in consideration effort that employee provides in his job, the most important aspect is the colour of skin. For instance, if you’re hard worker and belong to the opposite race of his choice regards the salary payment, and then you will receive fewer wages. From the communication officer that I interviewed at SAPS” black people are the most predominant race who has received high salary within the field of police work”. To conclude, people do not understand that employee receives salary from a company in return for work performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment