Friday 17 February 2012

How hard is it to follow instructions?



At the beginning, when a supervisor asks his employees to perform a specific task in order to achieve the organisation’s goals, it’s not always clear in people’s minds. Some of them do not properly understand what is expected of them, because of the language factor. From my own experience, I was working as PR assistant in the department of Interior Design at CPUT. I failed the instructions given by my supervisor because she spoke too fast and the way I perceived the message wasn’t in accordance to what she expected from me. For instance, if she asked me to supply information for the exact size of drawing boards through the different companies, I found it hard because of calculation. So, she complained about my work and did not find me capable to represent the department of Interior Design. But as hard worker I always try my best to find out solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment